1. Training starts with orientation and introduction to Basic Wildfire Fighting and equipment used to suppress wildfires by crew members.
2. Incident Command System(ICS) courses, 100-300.
3. Medical First Aid training to your more advanced Wilderness First Responder course.
4. Radio procedures and etiquette.
5. Map and GPS training.
6. Pumps and hoses training.
All necessary Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) to tackle forest and veld fighting, all members need to adhere to the NFPA regulations wearing on a fire line, the following:
1. Forestry Bullard Helmet(NFPA standard)
2. Flash hood
3. Firefighting goggles(NFPA standard)
4. Wildland Fire Fighting gloves
5. Fire retardant brush fire long sleeve shirt
6. Fire retardant brush fire trousers
7. Fire-resistant(300 deg) boots
These are your PPE needed and mandated by the NFPA and national government rules and regulations on a veld and forest fire. All new members can obtain their PPE through OWV.
We also supply and custom build Fire Prevention Skid Units(bakkie sakkies, tractor-trailer bunker units and other firefighting equipment for veld and forest fires at a competitive price)